Monday, September 19, 2005

Yarr! No doubt ye've been thinking that something just isn't right today, now is it? But ye can't quite put yer finger on it, now can ye? Arr- Talk Like a Pirate Day is almost over, and I haven't posted my list of what I'll be getting Wednesday according to the new Diamond shipping list! How have ye been able to stand it?

HELLBLAZER #212
Arr! This be the grande finale, methinks, of the most recent Hellblazer arc. It hasn't been the best, but it's been far from the worst.

JSA CLASSIFIED #3
Arr! More of PG's boobies! Avast!

LUCIFER #66
I be thinkin' that last issue was pretty good, so maybe this one will contiinue the trend.

SEVEN SOLDIERS: MISTER MIRACLE #1
Shilo Norman be gettin' the spotlight now...it be anybody's guess whether this will be a peak or a valley in this up-and-down series.

TOP TEN: BEYOND THE FARTHEST PRECINCT #2
Last issue was a pleasant surprise. Fingers crossed! Like a skull & crossbones, ye scurvy dogs!

ULTIMATES 2 #8
Arr! Speakin' of scurvy dogs, will this be the issue we find out who the scurvy traitor be?

Also, those bilge rats at my comics shop might accidentally get me copies of WINTER MEN #2 (please, God), THE EXPATRIATE #3 and SMOKE #3. We shall see. I'll keelhaul those swabs if they don't!

On the recommended, but I won't be buying, list we have

ROCKETO #2
This series looks interesting, but of course my comics shop didn't get any copies and I didn't pre-order. I know better than to try to get them to order it- I stil haven't seen my copies of THE MIDDLE MAN #'s 1 & 2. Maybe there will be a trade.

KAMANDI ARCHIVES VOL 1 HC
Can't afford hardcovers (I'd have a Spirit library if I could) but if you have the booty you should give this a whirl- it's imaginative, crazy adventure as only the King could give us.

Yarr! Avast! Walk the plank, ye barnacle-covered land lubbers!

All right, I'm done.

No comments: