Thursday, September 01, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Another BSBdG today, in the limited time I have this morning, for COMIC BOOK GALAXY, which turns five years old today. As a contributor, I won't try to appear unbiased so all I can say is that even before I came on board, I've always found interesting, intelligent comics-related writing there and with one exception that continues to this day. So congrats, mein fuhrer ADD (Love him, hate him, but ignore him at your peril), and here's to many more!


In a tangential note, I bought 10 comics yesterday, and didn't get SMOKE #3, DEATH JR. #3, and THE EXPATRIATE #3. Must be something about third issues and my comics shop. Anyway, they're reluctantly looking for them so I hope that I'll get them soon. I also accidentally picked up JLA CLASSIFIED #11; I hadn't meant to get any more of the underwhelming Ellis/Guice arc. Was I sorry I did? Read LAST CALL tomorrow morning and find out!

In other linkage, Rivkah Greulich, who was testifying and speaking gospel in her extremely noteworthy LJ post on WizardWorld Chicago, is now writing a column for The Pulse. I think it's going to become the must-read comics column of the future. BUt don't take my word for it, check it for yourself!

Also, the latest of the outstanding interviews with industry notables is up over at Comics Foundry. The subject this time: Devin Grayson, whose work I've managed to mostly ignore but that doesn't make the interview any less readable. Another recent subject: Klaus Janson, whom many revere but whose work has rarely, if ever, appealed to me. Still, once again, just because I don't care for his work doesn't make what he has to say any less pertinent or mean I have less respect for his career. Here's part one, and here's part two.

Oh yeah, for future reference:

HERO SQUARED 3 A-
JSA CLASSIFIED 2 A-
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES 9 C+
DAREDEVIL 76 B+
JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER 211 B+
CITY OF TOMORROW! 5 A-
STRANGE GIRL 3 B+

No comments: