Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Aw, man...RIP BOB DENVER, gone at age 70.

Everyone and their grandmother will be posting pictures of Gilligan, so I figured I'd post a picture of Bob in his first notable TV role: Maynard G. Krebs from The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, who inspired a whole generation of future hipsters and amused me no end when I'd see Dobie reruns as a preschooler. Gilligan was a staple of my childhood, as well, first in its initial run on CBS, then in perpetual reruns as I grew up. Poor guy got typecast like nobody's business, but I hope he at least got some satisfaction from bringing people happiness via those shows.

Update: Sure as rain is wet and day follows night, Mark Evanier has posted another great obit, a rememberance of Denver which I think you should read. And Mark? I remember both The Good Guy and Dusty's Trails, along with his turn in Far Out Space Nuts on Saturday morning. What does that make me? Old.

No comments: