Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My haul on Thursday, according to the new Diamond shipping list:

SERENITY #3 (MIDDLETON CVR)
I like the Middleton rendering of River better than Sean Phillips' Wash and Leinil Yu's Simon, so that's my choice.

CITY OF TOMORROW #6
Le grande finale for Chaykin's latest, which has been pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

GOTHAM CENTRAL #35
More of the "Is Robin dead" storyline. Very good so far.

SEVEN SOLDIERS: GUARDIAN #4
Uh...so...I expect this to suck. (Shhh...maybe if I DON'T look forward to it, I'll be pleasantly surprised!)

AMAZING FANTASY #12
Jeff Parker's Vampire By Night remains the reason I pick this up.

And that's all, even though it's entirely possible that my copies of SMOKE #3, EXPATRIATE #3, and DEATH, JR. #3 may show up and wreck my careful budget.

Also, here's my non-listed recommendation of the week:COYOTE VOL 1 TP- Steve Englehart & Marshall Rogers initially, then Steve Leialoha and Chas Truog afterwards, concocted a lively and imaginative take on the Native American trickster god, and if you've got the extra coin you might want to take a chance. The subsequent two Leialoha-illo'd Marvel/Epic issues were the best, but unfortunately he couldn't continue and Truog drew the series until it concluded. This trade, as I understand it, collects the original miniseries, which was serialized in Eclipse Monthly magazine. If you, like me, were disappointed by the duo's recent BATMAN: DARK DETECTIVE series, then you might like a dose of them at their best.

No comments: