Monday, September 12, 2005

Just in case someone cares- my haul Wednesday according to the newly posted Diamond shipping list.

100 BULLETS #64
Just keeps on keepin' on, quality wise, like that bunny.
DESOLATION JONES #3
#2 will be a hard act to follow, but I'm sure Williams and that Ellis fella will be up to the challenge.
FABLES #41
Not much else to say about this one either...recent issues have been good. No complaints from me.
WINTER MEN #2
I praised #1 to high heaven...guess I should brace for the inevitable letdown.

And that's it! Plus, it's possible that DEATH JR. #3, THE EXPATRIATE #3 and SMOKE #3 will show up, but I won't hold my breath. My shop FINALLY got me copies of BANANA SUNDAY #'s 1 & 2, but I got them already after waiting for-fricking-ever, courtesy of the wonderful folks at Oni. I'm sure they loved me for pulling that stunt at my LCS...but hopefully I won't be a problem for them much longer.

One side effect of my subscribing to DCBS is that I no longer will be boring, I mean edifying, you with these lovely updates any more! I have signed up for weekly shipping, but I don't know for sure when the books will be arriving. Stay tuned.

Here's a couple of recommendations that I won't be buying Wednesday:

ELECTRIC GIRL VOL 3
FULL MOON FEVER

The two latest releases from AiT/PlanetLar. You all know how much I enjoyed Electric Girl, and I'm confident that this third trade collection will be more of the same light-but-smart reading; and Full Moon Fever is Tom Petty's best album. Uh...I mean the latest from Joe Casey, who's been a busy boy as of late with all kinds of projects flying around the comics stratosphere. So when are ya gonna follow up Codeflesh, Joe? I have a feeling you won't be sorry if you give either one a shot. I'll have more when this week's LAST CALL is up over at CBG.

Also, I kinda wish I'd been picking up FERRO CITY, #2 of which is out Wednesday; I like the concept and the art looks cool. Maybe they'll collect it after 4-5 issues.

Oh well, that's all I got for now.

No comments: