Monday, September 12, 2005

Just in case someone cares- my haul Wednesday according to the newly posted Diamond shipping list.

100 BULLETS #64
Just keeps on keepin' on, quality wise, like that bunny.
#2 will be a hard act to follow, but I'm sure Williams and that Ellis fella will be up to the challenge.
Not much else to say about this one either...recent issues have been good. No complaints from me.
I praised #1 to high heaven...guess I should brace for the inevitable letdown.

And that's it! Plus, it's possible that DEATH JR. #3, THE EXPATRIATE #3 and SMOKE #3 will show up, but I won't hold my breath. My shop FINALLY got me copies of BANANA SUNDAY #'s 1 & 2, but I got them already after waiting for-fricking-ever, courtesy of the wonderful folks at Oni. I'm sure they loved me for pulling that stunt at my LCS...but hopefully I won't be a problem for them much longer.

One side effect of my subscribing to DCBS is that I no longer will be boring, I mean edifying, you with these lovely updates any more! I have signed up for weekly shipping, but I don't know for sure when the books will be arriving. Stay tuned.

Here's a couple of recommendations that I won't be buying Wednesday:


The two latest releases from AiT/PlanetLar. You all know how much I enjoyed Electric Girl, and I'm confident that this third trade collection will be more of the same light-but-smart reading; and Full Moon Fever is Tom Petty's best album. Uh...I mean the latest from Joe Casey, who's been a busy boy as of late with all kinds of projects flying around the comics stratosphere. So when are ya gonna follow up Codeflesh, Joe? I have a feeling you won't be sorry if you give either one a shot. I'll have more when this week's LAST CALL is up over at CBG.

Also, I kinda wish I'd been picking up FERRO CITY, #2 of which is out Wednesday; I like the concept and the art looks cool. Maybe they'll collect it after 4-5 issues.

Oh well, that's all I got for now.

No comments: