Thursday, January 13, 2005

Image Hosted by 
<br />ImageShack.usThere's a 10 page preview of Frank Cho's Shanna The She-Devil over at PopCultureShock.com. It's very nicely drawn and colored, par for the course for Mr. Cho, and I actually laughed at the joke on the last page. I hadn't planned to get this, as I'm not really a fan of Cho's nicely drawn but labored pseudo-Bloom County strip Liberty Meadows, but I'm beginning to reconsider. Click on the cover at left to check it out.

In other comics-related news, I see, via The Beat, where DC has axed Human Target and Bloodhound. Didn't read the latter; I've never been that impressed with Dan Jolley's writing, and Leonard Kirk's art doesn't excite me much either. I thought if I ever got the chance to get a run cheap, I might consider it, just to read...but either way, it's gone. Now, Target I bought regularly up until just a month or so ago, so if you're looking for someone to blame, I guess I'll do as much as anyone. But seriously- I tried really hard, but Milligan just never really could make me believe in or care about the character or his storylines, so I bade it a not so tearful adieu. That leaves The Losers as one of DC's worst selling titles still ongoing, and frankly, that worries me. Oh well. Que sera sera.

Update, 1-14:
Heidi is now reporting that The Losers seems to be safe for now. Andy Diggle says it seems to be selling better in trades than in singles, and a third trade has been scheduled. (Lurr from Futurama voice here) This pleases me.

No comments: