Friday, May 18, 2007

HELLBOY: DARKNESS CALLS #1
SHAZAM: THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL #3
100 BULLETS #83
IMMORTAL IRON FIST #5
JONAH HEX #19
TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #8
LOCAL #9
DEATH, JR VOL 2 #3
ULTIMATES 2 #13
HERO SQUARED ONGOING #6
BPRD: GARDEN OF SOULS #3
CATWOMAN #67
STORMWATCH PHD #7
DMZ #19
FABLES #61

Sitting here on a Friday afternoon, waiting for the DHL guy to show up with my DCBS shipment, which will contain (hopefully) the above titles.

I wanted to post something, and not having anything in particular to write about at present, I thought I'd put the list out there.

There are a couple of WAY overdue books in this list, for sure- Ultimates 2 (I think I've had two jobs since #12 came out!), Death, Jr....of course, you know my stand on this sort of thing; I'm perfectly content to wait for the creators to get their stuff done. Better than fill-ins, spoken as someone who remembers some of the dire fill-ins Marvel and DC gave us in the 1970's!

Also looking forward to that Hellboy book, which features work by one of my favorite artists, Duncan Fregredo. His vertiginous (the medical condition, not the imprint), hyperactive art should be interesting on the normally placid Mignola scripts. Immortal Iron Fist (coming soon: the Max imprint version, the IMMORAL Iron Fist) is another I'm anticipating eagerly, and of course the final installment of Azzarello and Chiang's Doc Thirteen opus in Unexpected.

He should be here any minute now...any minute...

No comments: