Friday, July 22, 2005

Well, the best laid plans etc. and all that- my vacation week is almost over and as I feared, I have done very little of the writing I'd planned to do. C'est la vie- I've had a million things to do over the last few days, it seems, and not all of it due to outside influences...I spent the majority of this morning, for example, watching the excellent film Sideways, and not just excellent for Sandra Oh at her sexiest. One more film to add to my eventual movie post, which will come along soon, I hope!

One thing I did manage to get written was my new Last Call column, but circumstances beyond the ken of mere mortals has necessetated that it will appear on Monday, and not today as usual. In it, I take a look at The Atheist 2, Daredevil 75, Defenders 1, JSA Classified 1, Love and Rockets V2 14, Lucifer 64, Smoke 2, and Ultimates 2 7.

And while I'm thinking about it, letter grades for last week's comics purchases:

ESSENTIAL KILLRAVEN TPB A
100 BULLETS 62 A-
DESOLATION JONES 2 A+
FABLES 39 B+
GUNCANDY 1/THE RIDE: MARDI GRAS 1 B-
SERENITY 1 B
SEVEN SOLDIERS: THE MANHATTAN GUARDIAN 3 C+

OK, that's all I got for now.

No comments: