Tuesday, July 12, 2005

On his LJ, Brian Wood has posted the cover to Local #1, which, according to CBR, is a "new 12 issue series by critically acclaimed writer Brian Wood (DEMO, POUNDED, THE COURIERS) and Ryan Kelly (LUCIFER) . LOCAL will feature stand alone issues, each focused on normal people in extraordinary, life changing situations."

Hm. Now where have I heard that before?

I kid. Actually, it sounds very interesting. Oni seems to have a ton of great stuff coming out in the next few months...oh, to be on their comp list!

And this art is by Ryan Kelly. RYAN KELLY! The fellow who's apparently been sublimating his talents to the extraordinarily ordinary pencils of Peter Gross over on Lucifer. That's remarkable. Or frustrating. Or remarkably frustrating!

Anyway, I just saw this and decided to pass it on.

I've been spending most of my evening tonight reliving my teenage years (and my two-years-too-late T.Rextasy) via Marc Bolan and Ringo Starr and the concert film (with vignettes) Born To Boogie, my first Netflix rental in about 5 months, since I renewed my subscription over the weekend. Gotta tell you, this 2 DVD-set is a blast, and I MUST own it. It's a great concert, sounds good and looks good, and the interviews and documentaries are also first rate. I will try to have more to say later.

No comments: