Friday, January 16, 2004

Time now for an early edition of Johnny B's Fearless NFL Pigskin Playoff Prognostications!.

Last week: 3-1. Overall: 5-3, .625 .

New England over Indianapolis. Yeah, yeah, I know I picked Indy to go to the Super Bowl, but I'm seeing a couple of things here: first, the Colts' defense is darn near as bad as the Chiefs' was last weekend. They've been underwhelming all year long, as a matter of fact. Second, it's gonna be cold. Wicked cold, as they say. Indy is a dome team, and that's gonna be a problem too. Peyton Manning will get his, but I think the weather and a soft D will undermine his cause.

Carolina over Philadelphia. Philly's D has looked soft to me, too, and Carolina's has been solid...so for that reason alone I think I'll go with the Panthers, even without Stephen Davis. Never count out Donovan McNabb, though.

No comments: