Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Books I have to look forward to tomorrow, according to the Diamond shipping list:

FABLES #21
GOTHAM CENTRAL #15
H-E-R-O #12
1602 #6


And that's, as the pig says, all, folks!

You know, it's getting to the point where it's barely worth my while to go to the shop these days, it seems. I've dropped so many titles lately, and added very few (many more drops than adds, for sure), and my purchases are beginning to reflect this. Of course, now that I'm employed in a job that pays significantly less than my previous one, that's a good thing. But this is also a sign of my growing disillusionment with superhero comics in general...specifically the stuff cranked out by the Big Two. S'funny...I was thinking about this the other day, and the only books I still buy that feature spandex superheroes are Jack Staff, Daredevil, the Ultimates, Ultimate Six, The Legion (and as soon as the current creators step down, I'll be dropping that one) and Powers, none of which can really be accurately described as typical. Except perhaps Legion. Am I finally growing up? Am I finally reaching a higher level of sophistication towards the entertainment that I put in my head on a regular basis? Am I overthinking again? Who the heck knows. I'll have to ponder this.

By the way, I just won a copy of Superman: Red Son 3 on eBay, so that solves my "should I take my first two singles and sell them to my comics shop and buy the trade" dilemma. Just in case you're interested.

No comments: