Wednesday, January 14, 2004

It's been slow again this morning, leaving me some time to click around a bit. First, an interesting link, thanks to Bill Sherman, to the Official Pogo website, designed by Mark Evanier. I go back a ways reading Pogo. They ran the strip in the Louisville Courier-Journal when I was growing up until it stopped with Walt Kelly's death, then ran the subsequent (80s, I think it was) revival attempt, which I thought was excellent, after a slow start. I remember seeing the animated specials (which you'd think someone would run again somewhere), and I even had the plastic figures which were given away with detergent. Still do, somewhere. Anyway, check it out- it's by no means complete yet, but I'm sure they'll be adding more material in the future. Plus, there are links to other Pogo fan sites if you want to know more.

Say...didn't Mark write the Pogo revival strip? My memory is so haphazard these days...

No comments: