Sunday, January 04, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A picture of me on Christmas Eve with my bestest present ever, the Firefly DVD set.

After having viewed all 15 episodes, plus the "Way It Was" featurette and the blooper reels and so on, I could probably go on for days and days about how great I think this show was (and hopefully will be again, at least on the large screen)...but I'll spare you for now. I will say, though, that after hearing the theme song over 15 times in the course of the last few days I still get a rush when I hear that little eight-note Oriental-themed run about 10 seconds into the opening credits. When you hear it you'll know what I'm talking about. It's gorram
shiny.

Update I don't know if anyone ever reads anything here but the most immediate post, but this one is the most logical place to put some more Firefly links up that I've noticed lately. First, another fansite, which I have summarily linked to via button in the column at right: Firefly-support.com. Thanks to Teresa for pointing it out. Also, an excellent review of the box set at DVDverdict.com. Finally, here's FireflyMovie.com, which is a "fan run site dedicated to assuring that Joss Whedon's masterpiece will someday grace the silver screen".