Monday, December 15, 2003

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to get around to posting much, thanks to muchos errandos early today and mucho Christmas shopping-o this evening.

I will note a couple of things, though.

First, the thorough job Dirk Deppey has done in following up on the Corner Comics situation. There's an old saying that there are two sides to every story, and the truth usually falls somewhere in between, and I think this might apply to that situation. It's still a troubling thing to have happen to any comics dealer, but in accordance with that age-old survival of the fittest thing it's also a good idea to make sure you know your tax laws, especially when it comes to taking inventory. Easy for me to say, I know. I don't know the first thing about business or running a shop, so chances are I might have fallen into the same trap.

And a quick comment on the big news topic of the day: Saddam Hussein's capture. That's great, someone needed to make sure that rotten old bastard doesn't cause more trouble. I'm not so sure that going all John Wayne on his country and pissing off most of the free world in the process was exactly the way to go about it, and I fear there will be consequences undreamed of in the post-capture afterglow, but I don't suppose you can argue with the results, can you? At least not in certain circles of the land of the free and the home of the brave. For those who feels that the ends always justifies the means, these are the days, as the song goes. I hope that now that Dubya's settled the score for his old man, someone will think to ask Hussein where Bin Laden is...

Meanwhile, on Planet Dave, tomorrow is the first day of my new career as a newspaper person. I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity to surf the web and post to the ol' blog like I did at my previous employer, so stay tuned...we shall see what we shall see!

No comments: