Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Well, I don't know if I would call it the "best of the decade", but this is one hella-sweet cover for the new Sleeper TPB. It's cooler than the other side of Dean Martin's pillow. Wonder if there is a promo poster available. Wait. What am I saying?

Filched from Chris Butcher & Scott Robins' newest Previews Review column. I also happen to agree with Chris on the relative merits of Danger Girl, a series that I liked in its original run but the subsequent follow-ups have been mediocre at best and terrible at worst; I somewhat disagree with him about Fables; and disagree with him about Dark Knight Strikes Back, but I've been down that road before and don't wanna go back. He has me even more interested in the new Courtney Crumrin. I'm happy to see he liked Cinnamon: El Ciclo, I do too for the most part, without having read the end. And I thank him very much for helping me decide not to plunk down two plus on Rose and the Thorn, which I had considered buying because of my longtime admiration for the character and her concept. This new series has a nice cover by Adam Hughes, but the interiors look bland beyond belief and the days when I can buy comics for cover artists are long gone.