Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Whilst sitting around waiting for the Karloff film Mask of Fu Manchu to come on, I discovered a link at Shawn Fumo's to a new addition to the comics blogosphere, a group blog called Comicopolis. Promises to be interesting. I have linked to it, you may wish to do the same.

And on a totally unrelated subject, God has no love for the Cubs. The Supreme Being, that Exalted Diety, whoever or whatever he/her/it is, and in his/her/its divine wisdom has seen fit to punish the North Side Chicago sports fans yet again- of course, he/she/it has already had his/her/its way with the White Sox. I have rarely in my life (and usually only on Monday night Falcons football games) seen a turn of events so demoralizing. We will, I'm afraid, be treated to a thouroghly repulsive Yankees-Marlins Series. Joy. Wake me when it's over, OK?

Here's something else, speaking of the Diety- the website of Dr. Gene Scott, the oddball Biblical scholar whose show I used to catch on sleepless nights back in the mid-to-late 80s and early 90s. His knowledge of Bible history is only surpassed by his shameless hucksterism and goofy onscreen persona. I haven't seen his program in years, but his site says that a Nashville TV station which I receive as part of my cable package carries it early Sunday morning. My onscreen listing says "paid programming" for that hour, but I think I'll set my VCR timer anyway and see if I can catch it.

Who says you don't get variety of topics here at the Show?

And by the way, thanks to Elayne Riggs for the very kind words about this here blog and your humble scribe. I think hers is pretty darn spiffy as well, and is always worth checking out for any number of reasons.

No comments: