Saturday, October 25, 2003

And now, just because I can, here are my Fearless NFL Pigskin Prognostications!

St. Louis over Pittsburgh- I know, the Steelers are at home, but the Rams have been pretty darn hot lately, bringing back memories of the "Greatest Show on Turf". Pittsburgh has kinda been in disarray lately as well. I think this will be close, but the Rams have more firepower.

Seattle over Cincinnati- I was tempted to make this my upset special of the week, and some have, but I think Corey Dillon's latest pop-off will cause some morale damage, and with the Bungles, morale is very important.

Tampa Bay over Dallas- this is another one that will be close, but I just can't see banged-up Tampa Bay losing to the Cowboys at home.

New England over Cleveland- the Pats seem to be in a groove right now, and Cleveland has looked good in fits and starts but can't get any consistency on either side of the ball. I like overacheiving New England.

Tennessee over Jacksonville- the Jags have been pretty bad all year so far, and the Titans have been very strong. I thinks Jacksonville will play them tough at home, but the Flaming Thumbtacks have just got too much.

Carolina over New Orleans- The Saints fooled some people with their lopsided victory over Atlanta last weekend, but right now the Falcons couldn't shut down a good division 1-A college team. The Panthers will be a tougher nut to crack.

Baltimore over Denver- the Habitual Liars won't be able to worm their way out of having absolutely no one at quarterback. Nominal starter Kanell, even if he gets over the flu, was cut by the Falcons, for chrissakes. Unless Shanahan is lying about the health of his signal callers yet again, this could be a long day for the visitors.

Chicago over Detroit- boy, will this be a fun game to watch. Not. I'm going with the home team, simply because they're the home team, and that's more than the Lions have going for them.

Minnesota over the New York Giants- I see no reason why the on-a-roll Vikes can't prevail over the disappointing G-men, especially at home.

San Fransisco over Arizona- the Cards, Lions, Falcons, Bears and on some days others are disproving that "parity" nonsense that so many stuffed-shirt traditionalists like to whine about so much. Most of the SST's, I think, were 49ers and Cowboys fans. Anyway, the Cards are bad. Real bad. And the 49ers still have enough left to walk all over them, even though against most teams they'd be down from the big victory over Tampa.

New York Jets over Philadelphia- here's a hunch game. The Jets seem to have worked some things out, and the Iggles are still working their problems out, so I'm goin' with the Jets in a game which should be played on St. Patrick's Day cause there will be so much green everywhere...

Indianapolis over Houston- you never know about the Texans, but I think the Colts will be too much for them.

Kansas City over Buffalo- I like the Chiefs defense better than I like Buffalo's defense. I can't believe I'm typing these words.

San Diego over Miami- once in a while, you just have to step up and pick an upset, and here's mine for this week. Miami is up-and-down, and the 'Bolts seem to be getting better, plus they're on the road. Take SD and the points.

That's it! Please don't bet on these picks, or if you do, don't come cryin' to me when you lose your rent money...

No comments: