Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Bits of Beatlebloggery:

With the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's murder fast approaching, let me direct your attention to this insightful Newsweek article on the post-murder "career" of John and Yoko, and gets in a few swipes at Sir Paulie as well. Ironically, I've been listening to a lot of Maccamusic lately, since recently acquiring his new Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, as well as the 25th anniversary edition of Band on the Run which came out back in 1999. I feel a goodly-proportioned Beatles post coming on, one of these days, after I've done some of the other myriad posts I've promised and failed to deliver. I haven't done a Vinyl-O in ages. I've also been mulling over doing a long McC post reviewing his solo albums. Who knows.

Back to the subject of Mike McGear's brother, here's a neat little McCartney quiz, courtesy of Reader's Digest, who has also printed an excerpt from the recently-released Beatles book written by Bob Spitz. It's all mostly familiar stuff about the early days of the band, but it at least doesn't come across as too-reverent.

No comments: