Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I just read over at La Isla Fanboy Rampage (ay caramba) about Alternative Comics publisher Jeff Mason's open letter of appeal for his financially strapped enterprise. While I have sampled a few of AC's wares via Free Comic Book Day over the last few years, their comics tend to be the kind not usually ordered and stocked by my shop so it becomes a sort of "out of sight, out of mind" thing. I was unaware, or had forgotten, about the Tomer Hanuka (well, Tomer and his brother Asaf) book Bipolar, the cover for #4 you see above...I like Hanuka's work a lot, and would probably be getting this if I hadn't totally let it fade from my memory! Alternative has books by a lot of other outstanding creators like Dean Haspiel and James (Mr. FCBD) Kolchalka, so if you're looking for something fresh to read, you might want to visit their website and drop a buck or three on something. I'm thinking I'll get those Bipolars one of these days...

No comments: