Saturday, February 07, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Well hello there! Long time no see, so to speak. Yes, I'm coming back, and I'll officially end my little sabbatical on Monday. Sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who have posted and wished me well. You guys are the best.

Anyway, I thought that I should at least note in passing something of which I'm sure you're probably aware, that today marked the 40th anniversary of the first arrival of the Beatles on American shores. Monday will bring the anniversary of their debut appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, an event which (I daresay) changed life as we know it for a significant number of people. Myself, I was every bit of four years old, and this telecast is one of my earliest memories. I had already heard my Aunt Lavana's copy of Meet The Beatles, and was absolutely stone crazy locked solid in love with it, so there was no way I was missing the chance to see these guys, easy 'cause my folks watched Ed every Sunday night anyway. I vaguely remember them launching into "All My Loving", and my Mother remarking "So that's the Beatles". "Look at that hair", I seem to remember my Dad saying, although I may be confusing this with the hundreds of thousands of times he said it to me over the next 20 or so years.

And that's my Beatles on Ed story. Needless to say, the Lads definitely made a strong impression on me. Which is one reason why I'm such a hopeless music junkie to this very day.

See ya Monday, with some comments on the last two weeks' new comics, some movies I've watched (including Frida, the beginning of which I'm missing as I type), some of the hot topics in the comics blogosphereiverse, and who the hell knows what else.

Oyasumi nasai, and I'll be seein' ya!