Thursday, February 19, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here's the nifty cover for the new Indigo Girls album, by none other than Jaime Hernandez! Hope there are more illustrations in the rest of the package...unlike at least one of my blogosphereiverse cohorts, I actually like the Girls, even though their last album left me kinda cold (although it was as tuneful as ever). Looks like I'll be getting this one for sure...

No blogging yesterday, I know, but fear not- another hiatus is not in the offing, it's just that old equation: busy at work/busy at home=less time for the JB Show. I did get started on my as-promised Bowie retrospective and that Vinyl-O, though, so the day wasn't a total waste.

And in case you were wondering, yesterday was financial meltdown armegeddon for me at the ol' comic book shop. Every book I listed on Tuesday came in, so did Deep Sleeper 1, Gotham Central 15, and Absent Friends 1. I put AF back to purchase later. I also went ahead and bought the Jack Staff trade, against my better judgement, because I just really wanted to read those gosh darn stories I had missed! Besides, it was such a nice package that my impulsive devil kicked my frugal angel's ass one more time. I put in on a credit card. Bad Dave. BAD. And of course you know I will write a line or two about each eventually. I didn't see the new Comics Journal, though...but I probably just wasn't looking for it. I'm kinda interested in reading the Ditko material- if copies stay on the shelves for a couple of weeks, I might buy it on a slow week for other books, if I ever have one again...

More later, hopefully.