Sunday, November 23, 2003

Yesterday, of course, marked the 40th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which happened on November 22, 1963. I don't remember when I first heard about it or where I was, but I distinctly remember watching the funeral procession on TV when I was 3, at my grandmother's house. Conspiracy theories abound, and most rational people know better than to buy the "official" explanation, but the sad thing is, we'll never know. Too much time has passed, and the coverup was too thorough. "They", whoever "they" is, had ample time to get rid of whatever incriminating evidence that may have remained, so this incessant theorizing certainly seems to be an exercise in futility. In my opinion, of course. Besides, most implicated in the conspiracy are dead. Let's say the truth comes out, miraculously. Who the heck is gonna get punished? Castro? I doubt it. Who's left to even apologize? It's a terrible shame something like this was perpetrated on America, but it was just one in a long, long list over the years and I think people have gotta let it go and move on.

Now if you want a real conspiracy theory, remind me to tell you about the US government's mind control via cheese, which is going on right now, even as I type these words. And it's happening to you. And you. And you...

No comments: