Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Random stuff from hither and yon:

Thanks to Tampa Bay's alarmingly easy win over Philly last night (it will get better, Theresa, trust me), I finished week one at 10-4. More fearless predictions on Saturday.

The amazing Vera Brosgol has got her new version of her Tourniquet website online now. Go check it out, especially the "art" section. I envy those young ladies (and that Bill Mudron fella, too) of the Pants Press so much. They are good.

Speaking of Pants Press, if you've got three bucks to spend 50¢ (unless you're already a Bitpass subscriber), then you can read their group effort Wary Tales online. I'm still deciding whether or not to drop three dollars. I'm sure it would be worth it...

Looking at the Diamond shipping list for tomorrow, I spy with my little eye that I'll have the following waiting for my shrinking dollar:

FABLES #17
GOTHAM CENTRAL #11
HERO #8
JLA #86
JSA #52
LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN VOL II #6
1602 #2


I also see where HAWAIIAN DICK VOL 1: BYRD OF PARADISE, the collected Hawaiian Dick mini-series, is coming out. A great chance for all of you who didn't pick this up several months ago to get in on a great, fun book.

One thing that's been troubling me- I don't think there are any comics shops anywhere near Sidney, Nebraska! I can't frigging drive to Denver or Omaha or Lincoln or Cheyenne every week for my comics! I'm considering a subscriber service, like Mile High...but only if I can get my books weekly, so I can continue to read and review them in timely fashion. Of course, I'm still waiting for the call from Cabela's HR secretary to let me know when they can fly me out. I don't know about you, but I hate to wait for the phone to ring.

I have got a huge stack of LPs sitting on the speaker, which means I'm overdue in writing a Vinyl-O. I'll try to get that done this week sometime. I know I said that the next one would be a special solo Beatles edition, but that will have to wait. Many of the records in the pile are from the all-day Zevon marathon tribute I had yesterday.

Went to see Horse Cave Theatre's version of Les Liasons Dangereuses last week, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Very witty script, and the actors pulled it off nicely. None of my kids were in it, but one of my daughter's buddies had a small part. Got my ticket courtesy of my baby girl, who is House Manager right now. My son has just been named Master Carpenter, after the firing of the first MC who apparently was a real asshole. I'm a proud papa. Back to Les Liasons, seeing this has caused me to want to see one of the recent filmed versions...I'm aware of Dangerous Liasons, and Valmont, so it will be one of those.

OK, that's all the rambling I'll do for now. Maybe more later.

No comments: