Thursday, September 25, 2003

I fully intended to write my comics reviews today, since I managed to get my new purchases read yesterday evening, but the day has gotten away from me. I might try to get them posted tonight, but most likely it will be tomorrow. In case you were waiting or something. I'll tell you this- I was most impressed with the Fables one shot. It was a really good read.

I've been listening to the digital music our cable TV company provides today, and have heard some interesting stuff, most notably a cut from Neil Young's newest effort, Greendale, which sounds like something from his Harvest period...honest! Sounds like Neil's done gone and writ himself a concept album of some sort- for some reason I'm reminded of Sinatra's 1969 Watertown. Right now I'm hearing a song by someone named Josh Ritter; it's called "Rainslicker" and it sounds very jazzy, folky and atmospheric. I like it, but that's just another CD I can't afford to buy right now. I need a job.

Speaking of which, this time next week, I'll be flying to Denver, CO, on my way to Nebraska and hopefully a job and a potential new life. Kinda scary if you think about it. I don't even own a pair of bib overalls! Just kidding, Nebraska readers!

Guess that's all I've got for right now. Hopefully, I'll have mo' better later.