Monday, May 05, 2003

OK! I'm back!

Sorry about the long time between posts...but it was a long, drawn-out Gandalf vs. the Balrog type battle with the ol' iMac, made more difficult when I bought a CD burner and the software I had to install really freaked it out. The burning software that came with it really sucks, but it's all I can do for now until I can find something better. Gee, if I still had a job I could have had Roxio's Toast Titanium, which is on the G4 I'll never see again...eBay here I come...but anyway, I've got almost everything re-installed, the File from Hell is gone, and so far everything seems to be running OK. We'll see...

Me personally? I've been hanging in there, I guess. Nothing new to report on the job front, but I haven't really been looking hard yet. I'm not quite at that "gotta get a job NOW or I'll lose the house" stage. I've been somewhat depressed at times, but life goes on whether we want it to or not. It's one thing to get let go from a job you hate, but to get booted from a job you liked, and were content with, is another thing altogether. I've been told that it's for the best, I need to make a positive from it (somethig I've never had much of a knack for), that maybe I'll find something I'll like even better...but I don't have any idea what that could be. I'm dubious, to say the least.

OK, enough of that. I've got comics reviews that I'll be posting next, I went to see X2 Friday, picked up some interesting books on Saturday's Free Comics Day, and am looking forward to seeing the restored Metropolis on TCM tonight. I'll try to get back to the computer and write some more later. I had wanted to write a huge article listing all the vinyl I've listened to since I got my turntable, but the idea of typing all those album names discouraged me quickly.

Music today (so far): Wings-Wild Life, John Lennon-Mind Games.

No comments: