Sunday, May 25, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays...

Miles Davis, that very creative and influential jazz composer and trumpeter, posthumously of course. It's only been within the last few years that I've begun to listen to a lot of jazz music; so far I've gravitated to Coltrane, Mahavishnu and Miles. Kind of Blue is an amazing record, and I'm really liking In A Silent Way a lot as well. There are several Miles albums I've yet to hear, and I hope to pick them up someday.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Also, BSBdG's to Mike Myers. He's done a ton of great flicks (and a couple of not-so-great ones), but I'll always love his turn as Charlie McKenzie and his Dad in So I Married an Axe Murderer. One could, I suspect, fill an entire book with funny quotes from both his SNL stint and his films...and I'll bet someday someone will.