Saturday, March 11, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have now read #'s 1-6, 10, 12, and 15-19.

I have a new guilty pleasure, it seems. Like I said before, I'll be damned if I know why I like this comic; it's pure superhero wallow, plain and simple and a grimly unpleasant one at that. But for some reason that I haven't figured out yet, I like the characters, and that includes dear ol' Cameron Chase, who's well-represented here even though Andreyko doesn't quite have her personality as set forth by D.C. Johnson down and the artists draw her as too much of a botox-lipped sexpot. But I don't blame them, it's obvious that they learned to draw from copying 80's comics and little else. So anyway, I still have a half dozen issues to get and my DCBS sub starts with #20 so I guess I'm in for the long haul.

And not to criticize an artist who can really draw, Jae Lee, but on his cover for #4 above wouldn't the point, so to speak, have been made more explicit by having the weapon pointing upward? Just wondering.

No comments: