Saturday, January 28, 2006

Yeah, OK, here it is Saturday night and I haven't posted a damn thing, even though I've been home all day. I suck. But you knew that already, didn't ya? Wellll...I would do the review column, but I'm not finished with the huge stack o'comics I got Friday night! I've been catching up with a lot of blogs, and leaving some comments here and there, and I did post a couple of things over at the LJ, so the day wasn't a total loss. I also took the time to do some actual housework, and watched one of the films I got yesterday from Netflix: 2046. Don't worry, it will be included in the next Johnny B Heart. Also had to do some grocery shopping.

I got my copy of Mott The Hoople Live: 30th Anniversary Edition today, and have been enjoying it tremendously. In its original, truncated vinyl version, it was always a sort of choppy, disjointed experience and a sad sendoff for one of the best and most short-lived bands of the Glam era. In this new, remastered/restored, 2-CD edition, it just may be one of the best live albums EVAR.

I haven't forgotten about Beowulf Dragon Slayer, either.

But as one Miss O'Hara once said, "Tomorrow...tomorrow is another day." Right now, I'm going to sit back down in the living room and finish Vol. 2 of Bambi and Her Pink Gun.

No comments: