Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm an idiot.

Went to the comics shop yesterday, and instead of buying the six books in my holds, I bought JLA Classified and the Kane: Thirty-Ninth trade paperback.

One little problem.

For some reason, I was under the impression that this new Kane TPB was the first one with stories that Grist hadn't already reprinted under the Dancing Elephant banner. I sat down, started to read, and about three pages in things sure seemed MIGHTY FAMILIAR. And sure enough, this new Kane trade is ACTUALLY the Image re-release of this.

Damn.

Now, I gotta slink back to the comics shop and throw myself on their tender mercies, and see if they'll let me return the book and get my money back. Then I'll buy the other five new comics this week, no harm no foul.

But, damn I was looking forward to reading some new Kane stories!

No comments: