Thursday, June 03, 2004

I see over at Thought Balloons that CBR has posted a 31-page preview of Flight, and one of two stories it reproduces in its entirety is the contribution by Vera Brosgol...which kinda reduces my need to buy this (of course I still will). But her (somewhat autobiographical, I think) story is a small jewel, and if you read nothing else from these previews you should read it.

Vera just rocks. Totally.

And by the way, yes, the story ends ambiguously, and I still like it. Which should prove that I don't always want everything sketched out in big neon letters. In fact, those who know me should know that nothing could be further from the truth. It's a fine-line thing, this ambiguity, and it's as easy to fall on one side of the line as it is the other. I think Vera B pulls it off with aplomb. But that's just my opinion, I have been known to be wrong before.

No comments: