Friday, February 07, 2003

Well, even though interesting things to write about are becoming few and far between here at the Show, you can always count on one thing: Bacardi Show Birthdays.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Belated wishes to Mr. Patrick Macnee, best known as John Steed of the Avengers. He celebrated his 81st birthday yesterday. The Avengers has always been one of my absolute favorite TV shows. I started watching it on PBS, I think, and then after that on ABC, when I was 8 or 9. My first crush was probably on Diana Rigg, aka Emma Peel. If I could afford it, I'd have the set on DVD...but I'd be really happy just to see it shown on TV again. A&E used to carry the Avengers, but by the time my sluggard cable company got it, they had stopped.

Also in line for a BSB is everybody's favorite transvestite comedian, Eddie Izzard. I wonder if they offered him cake...or death?

Maybe I should just change the title above to "Celebrity Birthday Blog".