Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Today's Bacardi Show Birthday greeting goes out to the Man in Black himself. No, not the Shadow, Johnny Cash.

I have written previously about the effect hearing his "Ring of Fire" had on me at an early age. Who knows, if not for that song, I might not have gone on to be the music fan I am today...or at least a different kind of music fan. It's hard to believe now, but there was a time in the late 60s-early 70s that Cash was as big a star as there was, with his own groundbreaking TV show and more. I can't believe someone doesn't show reruns- I'd love to see the shows with Bob Dylan and Mike Nesmith again. Hell, he still has the goods- I caught the video the other night for his cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" and it's powerful stuff.

Happy Birthday to ya, Johnny C, from Johnny B.