Tuesday, July 22, 2003

While perusing Rich Johnston's Lying in the Gutters Monday column, I noticed the entry which dealt with the Royal Rumble anthology from the Royal Academy of Illustration and Design, and the Cartoon & Illustration Paradise (a message board which I have been known to post on once in a blue moon) post by Darwyn Cooke refuting that all was happy and good times in the creation of said anthology, specifically citing project editor Cameron Stewart and contrary to what Johnston had written in a previous column. Now, I have been an admirer of the work of both men, and while I know it happens more than we hear about, I still hate to hear about falling-outs between creators of this stature. Be that as it may, I thought it might be of interest to you who are inclined to care about these things, so I pass it on to you.

No comments: