Wednesday, July 30, 2003

All the recent hoo-hah after the SD Con about Jemas and Marvel's financial situation and Quesada and Grant Morrison and DC's snapping up names and so on and so forth has prompted some interesting writing in the comics blogosphere, both at the Gadabout's, Attentiondeficitetcetera, Jim Henley's and !Journalista!.

As someone who's been watching this shit go down for probably far too many years, all I can say is that it reminds me of little generals, bickering, squabbling and playing games with their troops and countries while the supporters and detractors on both sides watch on from afar and in turn squabble and bicker among themselves...while the rest of the world shrugs its shoulders and moves on. I would think that DC and Marvel needs to see the big picture rather than playing one-upmanship games, but I suppose to get over the apparent big fish-little pond egoism is a lot to ask, especially in Bill Jemas' case.

And if that's a muddled metaphor, I apologize...it's early. Whaddaya want from me?

No comments: