Tuesday, July 22, 2003

The BSBdG torrent continues!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


First, funkmeister George Clinton, 63. Since 1975, when we used to listen to an 8-track of Parliament's Mothership Connection in the kitchen at Carmen's Pizza, where I worked as a kid, I've put a glide in my stride and a dip in my hip as I partied on down to the Mothership. Most of all, we need the funk, as George has been telling us for many years now. Go here for a P-Funk FAQ. Click on the picture for his official website.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Also, Emily Saliers of the Indigo Girls turns the big 4-oh today. She is the one who's written most of my favorite IG's tunes, like "Least Complicated", "Galileo" and "Peace Tonight". Credit where credit is due dept.: the above picture of Ms. Saliers is by one Berta A. Daniels.