Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Ain't that cool? It's a smiley of Kinetix, of my fave Legion of Super-Heroes characters. There was a fellow over at the Kamphausen message boards that was creating one for each character, and he did this one by request for me. I'm gonna find a faboo Legion site and link to it using this smiley. The character has undergone several transformations in her brief post-Zero Hour existence, and this shows most of them.

Went comics shopping, and only had three books: Fables 15, JSA 50, and the new Comic Book Artist, the last one from TwoMorrows publishing, and it's a dilly with a spotlight on Alan Moore and his ABC Comics line. It even has an interview with Tom Strong artist Chris Sprouse, a longtime fave of mine of which I've read very little.

I also picked up the debut CD from The Thorns– the collaboration between Matthew Sweet, Pete Droge and Chris "Lullabye" Mullins. I've only listened to it all the way through 2-3 times, hopefully I'll write about it later. It's pretty good so far.

I ran into a friend of mine at the comics shop who's a dealer of comics, records and other stuff and sets up at many major conventions. He offered to let me have one of his Wizard World passes if I wanted to go up for the Con. Of course, by the time it arrives in August I'll probably be in dire financial straits, but Christ on a crutch it's tempting. I'd have to find a room, of course I'd want money to buy food and booze and maybe even a comic or page of art or something...anyway, I'm thinking about it.

I've been watching the Red Sox and Blue Jays on ESPN. We've had some severe storms pass through in the last couple of hours. My template is messed up again– there's waaay too much white space at right. This has been an on-and-off occurrence since NuBlogger started, and I wish I knew how to correct it. Of course, recently it's corrected itself eventually...but I can't count on that happening every time. Sigh. I've been drinking Mountain Dew Live Wire lately, and I like it just fine. It tastes like three parts Orange Crush and one part original Dew. Remember Orange Crush?

And that's your evening update. Thanks for reading and from all of me to all of you, oyasumi nasai.