Friday, July 24, 2009

BACARDI SHOW BIRTHDAY GREETINGS, July 24

A couple of Bacardi Show Birthday greetings to send out today:


First, my wife Theresa, seen here with long-haired, grinning me in the first year we dated, 1978. Someday she will be sainted, no doubt about it.

Also,


BSBdG's to artist and all-around swell guy TREVOR VON EEDEN, who turns 50 today. And don't feel bad, I'll be joining you there soon. TVE has been enjoying an increased profile lately, thanks to the Comics Journal interview which I still have yet to read in its final version, and I hope it leads to more of his still-vital work being seen in the future. I guess most of you are aware of the stuff he's done and been a part of in the past- Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, his Jack Johnson bio, and much more including a little book called Thriller. Below is a nifty two-page spread from Thriller #4, which may be my favorite issue of the series. Click to embiggen, of course.



Cliff Meth has a really nice birthday tribute to Trevor on his blog, with lots of art, go check it out!

Reviews coming soon, as well as Part 4 of Hammer Locke.

No comments: