Thursday, May 08, 2008

Holy crap, I haven't posted here since last Saturday!?!

So, I guess I should probably put something up here. Hm. Geez, y'know, a lot of the stuff I would have posted links to back, say, three years ago I wind up putting on Twitter, or in the Google Reader RSS feed thingy on the linkbar, which I'm sure you all have been checking out when something new pops up anyway, right? I sincerely hope so.

I suppose if I was reading more of the books others in the ol' CB are reading, yer Mighty/New/Borrowed/Blue Avengers, X-Men du jour, the multitudinous Iron Man spinoffs- figures; the one I liked nobody else read, Enter the Mandarin... and why would it have been such a bad thing if ol' Mandy had been the bad guy in the first one? As long as he's not given the Atlas comics Yellow Claw treatment? I digress. I'm reading and/or skimming a lot of comics blogs lately and finding myself not knowing/not caring about most of the titles they write about. Oh well. I'd have an opinion about that en EspaƱol issue of Blue Beetle, but I'm far from having read it, since I'm still stuck on #11.

Lately, I've also been hella-busy with any number of things both work-and-home-related, and as always that means that serious bloggery must be put on the back burner, and that includes the seriously-neglected Elton John blog and the LJ as well. I hope everyone understands. Probably won't be for long; I do plan on having some reviews done in the next few days, mostly of comics you probably read (or didn't read) two weeks ago, as well as the upcoming Minx GN by Ross Campbell, Water Baby, which I got the other day. I sure don't want anybody thinking I've retired again, either!

Anyway, in the interest of posting something/anything, Todd Rundgren reference there, I guess I'll put up a list of my DCBS order for this month. I'd put up my next bi-weekly shipment, but it won't be complete till Monday. Not exactly incisive Comics Journalism, I know, but it isn't like I'm gonna get linked to by Journalista or anything anyway- even when I write something of substance. So here ya go, and I'll have more eventually, pinky swear.

FINAL CRISIS #3 (OF 7)
CATWOMAN #81
HELLBLAZER #246
NUMBER OF THE BEAST #7 (OF 8)
NUMBER OF THE BEAST #8 (OF 8)
100 BULLETS #93
FABLES #75
NORTHLANDERS #8
SCALPED #19
JACK STAFF #19
DAREDEVIL #109
BOYS #20
OMEGA THE UNKNOWN #10 (OF 10)
MANHUNTER #32
MADAME XANADU #1
ABE SAPIEN: THE DROWNING #5 (OF 5)
HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN #1 (OF 3)
MADAME XANADU #2
LOVE & ROCKETS NEW STORIES #1
NOCTURNALS: CARNIVAL OF BEASTS (ONE SHOT)
CRIMINAL 2 #5 (MR)
POWERS #32 (MR)
B.P.R.D.: THE WARNING #1 (OF 5)
AMBUSH BUG YEAR NONE #1 (OF 6)
BLUE BEETLE #29

No comments: