Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is another of those easy-to-write, hard-for-anyone-that-isn't-me-to-care-about posts about comics I'll be getting this week as well as my order for April. So, in the interest of full disclosure, and since my life is (for the most part) an open book, here's what I should be getting this Friday, a whole three weeks' worth:

CASANOVA #13: Will Fraction lapse back into incoherence? Or will he continue to be straightforward a la last issue?

JACK STAFF #15: So nice to have regular Grist. Sounds like something you'd achieve by eating a variety of fruits, doesn't it?

CRIMINAL 2 #2: There will be thugs, and gangsters. And sad, hard-luck women. Or maybe not.

ABE SAPIEN: THE DROWNING #3: This one's not exciting me much, although it's well-crafted.

SCALPED #16: I get the same feeling from this as I did when I was watching great HBO series like Deadwood, and I couldn't wait for Sunday night to arrive. Must-read comics. Wish there was more buzz about it, though.

OMEGA THE UNKNOWN #7: The big Gary Panter issue. I don't revere his work like some, but it is interesting, and I'm curious about how it will be worked into (well, I know it's the comic that Omega's working on while in captivity) this excellent series.

B.P.R.D. 1946 #4: Always happy to see this in the list.

NUMBER OF THE BEAST #1: Like Jog says, it's Sprouse. I will always buy Sprouse.

AQUA LEUNG GN VOL 1- Yeah, I meant to say I reviewed this from a PDF provided by none other than the author himself. Did not influence my opinion one way or the other- remember, I didn't like Amazing Joy Buzzards very much at all. Anyway, you should get this, it's quite good.

CATWOMAN #78- By now, you're probably aware that this is being shitcanned with issue #81. No big surprise, sales were inexplicably low. Can't wait for the inevitable relaunch, probably a "return to that classic Balent style". Shit- I was saving that for my review of the last Pfiefer/Lopez issue...

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #12- my last issue of this. It was fun at first, but it now seems to be running on vapors.

HELLBLAZER #243: New artist this time out. As long as Diggle's writing, I'm good. Of course, I think Jason Aaron's getting a couple of issues soon, but I'm good with that too.

POWERS ANNUAL 2008: I don't have any idea what will be in this. Superheroes, no doubt. And police officers. And angst. Lots of angst.


My April order, for books shipping in June:

FINAL CRISIS 2
CATWOMAN 80
NUMBER OF THE BEAST 5, 6
100 BULLETS 92
FABLES 74
JACK STAFF 18
DAREDEVIL 108
IMMORTAL IRON FIST 16
OMEGA THE UNKNOWN 9
CRIMINAL 2 4
HELLBLAZER 245
SCALPED 18
NORTHLANDERS 7
BLUE BEETLE 28
MANHUNTER 31
WONDER WOMAN 21
ATOMIC ROBO TP 1
DELPHINE 3
POWERS
DIANA PRINCE: WONDER WOMAN TP 2

Conspicuous by its absence: the HERBIE hardcover. I just couldn't do it- this order as is was $75! Also, I left off two B.P.R.D. spinoffs, which I'll probably get either collected or perhaps from my comics shop. Also, I'm not quite certain why I preordered that issue of Blue Beetle when the most recent issue I've purchased is #10. Guess I didn't want to get farther behind, but I still have a long ways to go (and not a whole lot of money to bring to bear) before I'm caught up...

No comments: