Sunday, August 19, 2007



#2 in a series of comics that I used to have as a kid but no longer own, and remember with affection. This is (as you can tell) BORIS KARLOFF TALES OF MYSTERY #15, which came out probably early summer of, since it's cover dated September, 1966. The cover story is the one that left an impression on me, although I honestly don't remember the details of the story. According to the GCD database info, it was drawn and written by Joe Orlando, which might explain why I found it memorable. I also see where Reed Crandall did a story as well, which indicates that Warren wasn't the only publisher putting this fine work out there. While looking this one up, along with another for someone's LJ post, I was struck by all the really good painted covers (a Gold Key/Dell trademark) on both the Karloff series and the Ripley's Believe it or Not title as well.

Here's part one in the "series".

No comments: