Friday, June 16, 2006



Well, crap. I just read, in Jeff Parker's final piece in CBR on Agents of Atlas, that they went and killed Namorita in Marvel's latest multi-issue tempest-in-a-teapot Civil War thing.

This makes me a bit sad, and I don't really have a good reason for it- hell, in the 34 years since I first came to like the character as a 12-year-old, many, many writers without an iota of the talent Bill Everett had have done a million and one convoluted, contrived, and many other adjectives that don't start with con- things to the character and it hasn't bothered me. They even tried to make her a mutant. Jesus wept. And for all I know, they'll come up with an equally contrived way of bringing her (or any of those "dead" characters) back.

I guess it's just a little further lamenting for 12-year-old me, who fades away a little bit more every year.

(x-posted from the LJ)

No comments: