Saturday, April 01, 2006

Yeah, I know, long time no post. I started to cobble together a list of my 25 favorite album releases of the last ten years, but petered out at about #14 so it remains in draft limbo.

Got a fair-sized stack of new comics yesterday; hey, why don't I list them?

TOP 10: THE FORTY NINERS SC
HELLBLAZER #218
TESTAMENT #4
DAREDEVIL #83
DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON #3
NEXT WAVE #3
STRANGE GIRL #7
MIDDLEMAN VOL 2 #2
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #3
LUCIFER #72
WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA SC

I also went to the LCS and picked up

THE ATHIEST #3
MANHUNTER #20 (Dylan...and Chase. Eww.)
X-STATIX PRESENTS DEAD GIRL #3

But uf cuss I will review them here eventually.

I also picked up a copy of Chuck Prophet's 2002 release No Other Love. Damn good. Maybe I'll add it to the list.

If you, like me, are fascinated by the history of and bands that appeared on the Beatles' Apple records label, I found a site called Scraping the Barrel: An Apple Singles Collection Catalogue. Despite the fact that the writer (quite curiously) makes it plain that he has little interest in the US releases and prefers the UK, it's still got a lot of pics, reviews and info.

Got to go. More later, perhaps.

No comments: