Monday, August 08, 2005

Well, hello there!

Been a while, I know. I was offline for a couple of days there, except at work, and unfortunately my brain's been kinda offline as well for longer than that. I don't know if I'll have anything else anytime soon, but I can let you know that my prodigal Last Call review column is up over at CBG, and if you can ignore my coding mistakes, you'll be subjected to my thoughts on SMOKE AND GUNS, GOTHAM CENTRAL 34, AMAZING FANTASY 11, and SERENITY 2. Several other great columns, with fewer mistakes, up over there today as well! Also, Fearless Leader Alan David Doane is holding a fundraiser, in which he's selling a bunch of cool stuff for a pretty decent price! Go HERE for the list.

On a related note, I took advantage of my LCS' 25% off sale to pick up the trade paperbacks I'd been hoarding- ESSENTIAL KILLRAVEN, and BILL & TED Vol. 2...and I also picked up a copy of what the indicia says is the seventh printing of the 1990 trade collection of V FOR VENDETTA, having never read it before and having had my curiosity piqued by the upcoming film. I finished it last night, and haven't really had a chance to wrap my head around it just yet...but I think I'll consult this handy-dandy annotations website before I attempt to write anything.

For future reference:
ASTRO CITY: THE DARK AGE 2 A-
CATWOMAN 45 B+
CITY OF TOMORROW! 4 A-
GODLAND 1 B+
HELLBOY: THE ISLAND 2 A Entire series A
JLA CLASSIFIED 10 C
JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER 210 B-
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES 8 A-
THE LOSERS 26 B
NEIL GAIMAN'S NEVERWHERE 2 A-
SILENT DRAGON 1 B
SMOKE AND GUNS B+
GOTHAM CENTRAL 34 A
AMAZING FANTASY 11 C+ (Vampire By Night: B+)
SERENITY 2 B+

Alrighty then. Back later with the ever-popular Diamond shipping list and the books I'll be getting from it this week.

No comments: