Monday, August 29, 2005

Time once more for that recurring feature here at the JBS: WWJBB, or What Will Johnny B (presumably) Buy this Wednesday according to the new Diamond shipping list?

BPRD: THE BLACK FLAME #1
Can't pass up those Hellboy spinoffs, especially when Guy Davis is drawing.

ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE #3
I wish I was more excited about this series than I am.

CATWOMAN #46
Love that Pete Woods art, but I sure hope things start happening soon...

LOSERS #27
Did Diggle jump the shark last issue? I seem to be the only one that suspects so. We'll see!

NEIL GAIMAN'S NEVERWHERE #3
psst...I know how this one ends...

SEVEN SOLDIERS: SHINING KNIGHT #4
Hopefully the upward trend will continue here in the first SS chapter finale.

SILENT DRAGON #2
I was kinda underwhelmed by #1, not quite make-or-break yet but I hope it gets better.

SOLO #6
I'm not all that familiar with Jordi Benet, but what I've seen looks fine. Nearly every issue of Solo has been enjoyable so far, and I see no reason why this won't be as well.

DEATH, JR. #3
Yikes! A $6 book! Too many expensive ones lately...

EXPATRIATE #3
While we wait for the Hawaiian Dick finale, Clay Moore's other book gets a new chapter .

POWERS #12
First it seemed like this came out bi-weekly, now it's more like quarterly. Bendis, even Stan Lee had to cut back eventually...

And it's possible that SMOKE #3 may find its way into my folder as well. Bojemoi! Good thing I get paid tomorrow!

Also, if you're not already in possession of them, you should pick up the SMOKE AND GUNS TPB- fun concept, GREAT art by Fabio Moon, and HERO SQUARED #2...it's more Giffen/DeMatteis gold!

No comments: