Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Great Ongoing Home Repair Project (GOHRP) is in full vigour which means I've been ripping up our old carpet (while wearing a safesuit and with a full E.T. like Hazmat setup surrounding our home, it's that foul) for the last couple of evenings- and for someone who's become as sedentary as I, it's a ballbreaker, let me tell you. Of course, the new floor looks wonderful so my muscles ache just an iota less.

Anyway, the upshot is that posting will be light for the next couple of days- even lighter than it's been lately. Please bear with. I'm hoping I can get my Last Call column over at CBG done, but even that's in doubt right now.

In the meantime, go here for a beautiful Hope Larson illo of characters from her Gray Horses series, as well as a thought-provoking question about indie floppy pamphlets; and go here to vote for Zooey Deschanel to star as Gypsy in the Absorbacon's JLDetroit/Vibe movie! Vote in force, because you all KNOW how much I love that character, and if I say Zooey is the one for the part, then you KNOW she's the one!

Also, Karin Kross, the estimable Comicbookslut, has written a thought-provoking piece about the SDCC and the almost hysterical need many feel to get children to read comics, since apparently no child will grow up and read them as an adult. Go here!

No comments: