Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well! Those of us who get our comics shipped to us from DCBS via DHL are all a bit nonplussed by the news that the shipping service has decided to suspend operations in the US. How will they ship our precious books now? UPS? FedEx? USPS, even? Who knows. Anyway, regardless, IMA GUNNA GET NOO COMEEKS this weekend, I hope, and this is what they be, along with commentary when applicable:

DIANA PRINCE WONDER WOMAN TP VOL 03: More madness from Mike Sekowsky; I'm not digging these stories quite as much as I thought I would, but they're still good, albeit somewhat sexist and even slightly racist, fun. These seem to be coming out quickly, with a Vol. 4 scheduled soon (with Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser!). I still wish I had the originals, but these are a hell of a lot easier to find at an affordable price.

TOP TEN: SEASON TWO #2: I found myself really liking #1; hope it continues.

JACK STAFF #19: Paul Grist. It's been too long between issues, but I, for one, am a patient sort.

TERRA #1. If Amanda Connor illustrates it, I will generally tend to buy it.

THE SANDMAN: DREAM HUNTERS #1: P. Craig Russell. That's all I need to know.

100 BULLETS #97: I hope Dizzy gets some mad payback.

MANHUNTER #36: They cancelled this, did you know?

FABLES #78

BPRD THE WARNING #5 (OF 5): Guy Davis. I'm beginning to take him for granted on these books, I believe.

I also made out my November DCBS order, and it looks like this:

FINAL CRISIS #7
100 BULLETS #99
FABLES #80
HELLBLAZER #251 (I used to go out of my way to add the John Constantine: part, but the hell with it.)
SCALPED #25
JACK STAFF #21 (This one has the horrible Ian Churchill cover. I like my Jack by Grist or not at all)
DAREDEVIL #115
HELLBOY: THE WILD HUNT #2
UMBRELLA ACADEMY: DALLAS #3 (This issue has the big Jerry Jones cameo, I think)
BLUE BEETLE #35 (How many more of these will there be, I wonder?)
MANHUNTER #38
SANDMAN: DREAM HUNTERS #3
UNKNOWN SOLDIER #4
INCOGNITO #2
THE BOYS #26
B.P.R.D.: BLACK GODDESS #1 (Beyonce or Haille Berry, I wonder? Aw, I kid)
DIANA PRINCE WONDER WOMAN TP VOL 04 (See? These things come out fast!)
TOP 10 SEASON TWO #4


Who SAYS I'm downloading too many comics?

No comments: