Thursday, September 11, 2008




I've been seeing these "Marvel Masterpieces Artist Sketch Cards" all over teh intarwub for months now; I don't know where the hell you can get them, or what you have to do or who you have to know, but multitudes of the outstanding artists whose blogs I follow have scored them, and have been posting them for those of us, the less fortunate and less worthy but no less appreciative. The above, a Nextwave set, is only a few of the excellent sketch cards that can be found at Mike Maihack's Buffalog- Maihack has a charming, deftly streamlined cartooning style that I really like a lot. He doesn't really have them tagged so I can give you a one-click-shows-all kind of link, but if you go here, here and...here, with one more to come in the next day or so, you can check 'em all out.

I'm tempted to take one from somewhere, Photoshop out the art that's on the file, draw some of my own on paper, scan, and cut/paste. Boy, that sounds like a lot of trouble doesn't it? That's the price I pay for not owning a Cintiq, or some other kind of tablet. Oh well, c'est la vie.

No comments: