Wednesday, July 16, 2008

As of right now, I'm supposed to be getting some new comics this Friday- after last month's shenanigans, some uncertainty remains- and here be a list of them, with pertinent commentary:

NORTHLANDERS #7: I'm still interested in Brian Wood's Viking saga, and the art is certainly worth the price of admission, but if I was forced to cut titles this would probably be the first to get dropped.

FABLES #74

BLUE BEETLE #28
MANHUNTER #32: These titles have so much in common- both fringe DCU, both with pretty-good but not-great script and art, both selling in equally unimpressive numbers. But they're both also among the most entertaining mainstream superhero comics published by either of the Big Two, especially now that Catwoman has been shitcanned.

HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN #1: Hellboy with Richard Corben? Fine with me! I was pleasantly surprised the last time he took the artistic reins.

THE BOYS #20
POWERS #29

HELLBLAZER #246
SCALPED #19: Jason Aaron scripts both of these; Hellblazer was pretty good; Scalped has been magnificent so far.

PATSY WALKER: HELLCAT #1: I've seen some reviews of this here and there, have even seen some preview pages. Looks good to me, and I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing. Could be fun.

B.P.R.D.: THE WARNING #1: The welcome return of the Mignola/Arcudi/Davis team. Seems like a long time since we've had some new Guy Davis art...

NUMBER OF THE BEAST #7
100 BULLETS #93

I also have the first issue of DC's Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam!; the latest from AiT/PlanetLar, Aces, which I am almost finished with; the first three issues of Phil Noto & Gerry Duggan's Infinite Horizon series, which I have yet to complete as well; Wonder Woman #20, and several back issues of Blue Beetle I have yet to comment on. I think that's all.

While I'm taking inventory, here's my July order, just in case anybody cares:

DAREDEVIL #111
MEAT CAKE #17
DIANA PRINCE: WONDER WOMAN TP VOL 03
THE BOYS #22
PATSY WALKER: HELLCAT #3
MADAME XANADU #4
MANHUNTER #34
BLUE BEETLE #31
AMBUSH BUG YEAR NONE #3
HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN #3
B.P.R.D.: THE WARNING #3
SCALPED #21
NORTHLANDERS #10
HELLBLAZER #248
FABLES #76
100 BULLETS #95
FINAL CRISIS #4

No comments: