Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


With this post, I began something which has certainly turned out to be a lot more than I thought it would ever be. I've made friends, online though they may be and thus ones I'm unlikely to ever meet, but I'm no less grateful for them...and have had the opportunity to hold forth about the things I enjoy in front of a good-sized audience of people, and have felt a great amount of satisfaction and gratitude when someone out there saw fit to link to a particular post, or this blog in general.

Of course, there have been disappointing and sad times as well- my link being dropped from someone's page for no apparent reason and leaving me to assume that they just don't like what I'm doing or just don't like me period, perfectly valid but no less saddening, as well as a couple of higher-profile writing gigs which just didn't work out for this or that reason. None of these, for good or ill, would have come to pass if I hadn't launched this blog.

But on this, the occasion of my FOURTH BLOGIVERSARY, I remain inclined to continue regardless. My posts have become more and more infrequent over here, and it's pretty much turned into a comics only blog instead of the movies, music, sports etc. one that it's been in the past. I'm compelled to write, and still plan to do so whenever I can, but work and life pressures are making that more and more difficult as time goes by. All I can do is thanks you all for reading, and hope you continue to check in with me over here from time to time.

No comments: