Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good evening! A couple of quick notes:

First, look below this one for the second mammoth Hammerlocke post; there will be at least four more. %$#@!$# Chipper didn't update my listing (you know, the Comics Weblog Update site), so I don't know how many of you are aware that I have indeed finally gotten this overview off the ground.

Second,



There's SPX. Of course, you know I won't be there- I'm too broke, as usual, to drive across town, let alone to Maryland...but if you're going to be there, stop by and check out the Fatalsyia table, which will be manned by writer Liam Kemp, and who will have a brand-spanking new edition of his supernatural fantasy story, with art provided by "U!" and my good friend Chris Tabor, who does covers and an interior pinup page or two. And one other person was involved- me! No, not like that- heaven forbid I should draw anything. But they chose the print shop where I work to do the printing honors, and I did the prepress. Why not toss some coin his way if you get the chance? Tell 'em Johnny B says hi.

Finally, I think I just might be going to see an artist I've been wanting to catch for decades now- Maria Muldaur! Over the last few years, she's played mostly on the coasts...but she's going to be doing a "Woodsongs Old-Time Radio" radio/web broadcast on Monday night in Lexington, KY, about an hour and a half or so from here. It's only 5 bucks to get in, so I'm thinking I should take advantage of this opportunity. You may recall a couple of years ago I went up there and caught a performance by the Acoustic Strawbs, and enjoyed it very much, even getting to meet the guys after the show. Right now Maria's done an album of Bob Dylan (she's a contemporary of his- they used to play a lot of the same venues in the early 60's) love songs, so I guess I'll expect a lot of Zimmy tunes. Betcha a dollar she'll do "Midnight at the Oasis", though. Also on the bill is Nashville musician Will Kimbrough; I've never met him myself, but I have friends who are friends. I've heard some of his stuff over the years, it wasn't bad. Looks like a good evening, if I can just afford to get up there and get there on time- I'll have to leave work early.

That's all I got for now. Good night.

No comments: